Happiness and contentment in life come from the merging of Opportunity and Talent. My Dad had Talent but no Opportunity so could not find a way to learn to play the Violin. I had Opportunity but no Talent -- I lack the physical ability to complete a Thru Hike of the Appalachian Trail. I failed to learn this lesson even after numerous section hikes, but in the Spring of 2013, after 41.6 miles hiking in MD and PA, I learned the lesson that Dad had in mind when he told me to "hike the Trail." This Blog is now about the Merging of Opportunity and Talent more than it is about hiking the Appalachian Trail, but I still plan to include snippets of the Trail in the Blog. It's about Chasing the Trail of Life. I hope you enjoy my posts.

COMPUTER TRESPASS---RCW 9A.52.110---Computer trespass in the first degree.

(1) A person is guilty of computer trespass in the first degree if the person, without authorization, intentionally gains access to a computer system or electronic database of another; and (a) The access is made with the intent to commit another crime; or (b) The violation involves a computer or database maintained by a government agency.

(2) Computer trespass in the first degree is a class C felony.

This Blog is Dedicated to my Dad. Although he never accomplished his dream of learning to play the Violin, he did construct and play a Dulcimer at an Elderhostel.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Researching Gear - Part Two

 These past few days I've been web surfing, looking for the 'perfect' sleeping bag for my trip.  Of course, I get side tracked and found other information I needed, like AT Resupply Information.

In the process of my research, I've tried to think about what Dad would advise me to do.  

I had wanted to get a different cell phone and carrier before I left for my backpacking trip this summer, but switching to what I want [Samsung Galaxy Note 2] and Verizon from ATandT, would not be cost effective ... and there'd be the possibility of damaging a brand new cell phone while on the Trail.  Or worse, having someone permanently borrow it.  So, even though I really really want the Note 2, I won't be getting one.  Even though I want to change cell phone carriers, unless something changes my mind, like winning the lottery or having someone step up and offer to pay for it, I will stick with ATandT and my current iPhone 3s for now, even though I won't have good cell service in the towns along the Appalachian Trail and the battery doesn't hold a charge for very long.  I may even reduce the cost of my current coverage.  The major consideration is that 'everyone' knows the current cell phone number and I don't have time to call everyone and give them the new number. BUT again, that could change if something like a huge discount comes along.  

The other item that I truly crave is the Nikon COOLPIX AW100.  Oh, I have a little Sony camera that's seven or eight years old and works fine, but the lure of the All Weather aspect of the Coolpix is a huge draw.
I like it in blue. 
Or black.

Back to Sleeping Bags: I've been all over the spectrum trying to decide what I want to do.  I really like the GoLite W's Z10 and the GoLite W's Adventure 20.  I'm also looking at the EMS Women's Down Under 20 which is comparable to the Adventure 20.  The difference between those two is $29, but buying from EMS gives me an EMS Reward of the difference.  

So, today, I have decided to go to EMS in Annapolis, MD, on Saturday after my massage to purchase my sleeping bag for my hike.

And that plus planning the hiking schedule, is what's been keeping me busy and befuddled the past few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment