Happiness and contentment in life come from the merging of Opportunity and Talent. My Dad had Talent but no Opportunity so could not find a way to learn to play the Violin. I had Opportunity but no Talent -- I lack the physical ability to complete a Thru Hike of the Appalachian Trail. I failed to learn this lesson even after numerous section hikes, but in the Spring of 2013, after 41.6 miles hiking in MD and PA, I learned the lesson that Dad had in mind when he told me to "hike the Trail." This Blog is now about the Merging of Opportunity and Talent more than it is about hiking the Appalachian Trail, but I still plan to include snippets of the Trail in the Blog. It's about Chasing the Trail of Life. I hope you enjoy my posts.

COMPUTER TRESPASS---RCW 9A.52.110---Computer trespass in the first degree.

(1) A person is guilty of computer trespass in the first degree if the person, without authorization, intentionally gains access to a computer system or electronic database of another; and (a) The access is made with the intent to commit another crime; or (b) The violation involves a computer or database maintained by a government agency.

(2) Computer trespass in the first degree is a class C felony.

This Blog is Dedicated to my Dad. Although he never accomplished his dream of learning to play the Violin, he did construct and play a Dulcimer at an Elderhostel.

Friday, May 10, 2013

Day Four of NoBo AT Hike

Miles Hiked: 4.6
Total AT Miles: 24.6
Additional Miles: (guess .4)

What a day it was. First of all, I got "going the wrong way (South)" out of the way so I'll be more observant. It was beneficial because I was able to inform the SoBo Section Hiking couple to call the Free State Hostel while the had Verizon Service. I got back to the Shelter blue blaze at 9:08 AM headed NorthBound (NoBo). 

Then, the Trail toward High Rocks was "like everyone thinks the Appalachian Trail is like." 

See Previous Post for a small dose of reality. 

I did not take the blue blaze trail to High Rocks. That was where my Trail Angel rescued me in 2009 after my frightening event at "Devil's Race Course Shelter."  

Then Rocks and Rocks and Rocks.  But it was not raining ... yet. 

After that 1/2 to 3/4 mile of boulders that took 2 hours to descend. I took a photo and drank the last of my water ... 12:30 PM. It spattered rain on the rocky muddy trail until I arrived at Pen Mar County Park.  


I called Mom and told her I was going to 


Burgundy Lane B&Bin Waynesboro PA.  I called and David picked me up. 

I recommend Burgundy Lane B&B to Thru Hikers and Section Hikers. The Hosts provide shuttle to & from the Trail, to restaurants, and a truly gourmet breakfast. The house was built in 1897 (iirc) and added to in 1910. It was a Doctor's Office and home. The rooms are tastefully decorated in different Themes. I stayed in the Out of Africa room with the porch. 

Flat Dad enjoyed his stay, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment