Happiness and contentment in life come from the merging of Opportunity and Talent. My Dad had Talent but no Opportunity so could not find a way to learn to play the Violin. I had Opportunity but no Talent -- I lack the physical ability to complete a Thru Hike of the Appalachian Trail. I failed to learn this lesson even after numerous section hikes, but in the Spring of 2013, after 41.6 miles hiking in MD and PA, I learned the lesson that Dad had in mind when he told me to "hike the Trail." This Blog is now about the Merging of Opportunity and Talent more than it is about hiking the Appalachian Trail, but I still plan to include snippets of the Trail in the Blog. It's about Chasing the Trail of Life. I hope you enjoy my posts.

COMPUTER TRESPASS---RCW 9A.52.110---Computer trespass in the first degree.

(1) A person is guilty of computer trespass in the first degree if the person, without authorization, intentionally gains access to a computer system or electronic database of another; and (a) The access is made with the intent to commit another crime; or (b) The violation involves a computer or database maintained by a government agency.

(2) Computer trespass in the first degree is a class C felony.

This Blog is Dedicated to my Dad. Although he never accomplished his dream of learning to play the Violin, he did construct and play a Dulcimer at an Elderhostel.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pack On Pre-Hike Hike Number Three

Today was a busy day for me and my youngest Granddaughter. We went to REI in Nashville, TN. I purchased the Pack Cover, the Day Pack, and Sil Net to seal the seams of my Granite Gear fanny pack. I didn't like the size of the Cubes and ended up buying an Outdoor Research Dry Sack to replace the bear bag I am currently using. I got the 15 liter size because I might have to put my sweaty clothes in with the food should I end up in Black Bear Territory in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maine.

I also picked up a Backpacker Magazine to read. The copy with the Gear Reviews in it.

I purchased a new pair of REI merino wool mini crew light hiking socks and two Nalgene 2 ounce polyethylene bottles.

We went out to Sonic for lunch and then when I got home, I packed up my pack with 20.6 pounds and and hiked three miles rather than three and a half. Temperature was 70* and I took one break. I hiked as fast as I could and was wearing some summer shoes and now have a couple of 'hot spots' on four toes.

Tomorrow, I pack up and hike over at Stones River National Battlefield.

My knee with the steroid shot is feeling fine. My foot with the steroid shot didn't bother me as much as usual, but then I was developing blisters and not concentrating on other aches and pains.

I am beginning to be more confident in my gear choices and other than making up my Protein Drinks for my Mail Drops, I am "good to go."

Ah, AFTER I spray my clothes and shoes with Permethrin, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment