Happiness and contentment in life come from the merging of Opportunity and Talent. My Dad had Talent but no Opportunity so could not find a way to learn to play the Violin. I had Opportunity but no Talent -- I lack the physical ability to complete a Thru Hike of the Appalachian Trail. I failed to learn this lesson even after numerous section hikes, but in the Spring of 2013, after 41.6 miles hiking in MD and PA, I learned the lesson that Dad had in mind when he told me to "hike the Trail." This Blog is now about the Merging of Opportunity and Talent more than it is about hiking the Appalachian Trail, but I still plan to include snippets of the Trail in the Blog. It's about Chasing the Trail of Life. I hope you enjoy my posts.

COMPUTER TRESPASS---RCW 9A.52.110---Computer trespass in the first degree.

(1) A person is guilty of computer trespass in the first degree if the person, without authorization, intentionally gains access to a computer system or electronic database of another; and (a) The access is made with the intent to commit another crime; or (b) The violation involves a computer or database maintained by a government agency.

(2) Computer trespass in the first degree is a class C felony.

This Blog is Dedicated to my Dad. Although he never accomplished his dream of learning to play the Violin, he did construct and play a Dulcimer at an Elderhostel.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pre-Hike Number Five - 8 Miles

Middle Tennessee Weather today was expected to be rainy with high winds. So I headed out to Stones River Battlefield to hike with a 25.8 pound backpack. I put my rain cover on the pack but I was hiking in shorts and a sleeveless shirt.

I hiked the 1 3/4 miles from the Visitor's Center in 42 minutes. The pack carried well and my legs were stronger today than they were two days ago. I hiked the half mile perimeter trail around the Slaughter Pen and hiked back to the Visitor's Center in order to have lunch. I made great time and hiked the entire four miles at 2.25 miles an hour.

After a 45 minute lunch break, I hiked the same trail a second time. The cloud cover solidified and the color of the clouds ranged from medium to dark grey. I failed to notate the air temperature. Hiking back, the rain finally came but didn't last very long. I didn't stop to put on my rain jacket.  I hiked at almost 2.5 miles per hour.

When I got back to the house, I made a Protein Drink and took an Epsom Salt soak. I'm gonna miss the Epsom Salt Soaks. My knees 'burn' but are not in pain. My feet are feeling better today than they did two days ago.

I think I'm developing my Trail Legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment